Making Small Talk at a Party
在派對上跟陌生人閒聊:破冰、找話題、禮貌收尾——社交必備(中級)。
At a friend's party, Emma didn't know many people.
在朋友的派對上,艾瑪認識的人不多。
She saw a man standing alone and walked over.
她看到一個男生獨自站著,便走了過去。
"Hi, I'm Emma. How do you know the host?" she asked.
「嗨,我是艾瑪。你怎麼認識主人的?」她問。
"Hey, I'm Leo. We used to work together," he said.
「嘿,我是里歐。我們以前是同事,」他說。
"Oh, nice! What do you do now?" Emma asked.
「喔,不錯耶!你現在做什麼工作?」艾瑪問。
"I'm a photographer. How about you?" Leo said.
「我是攝影師。你呢?」里歐說。
"I teach music at a high school," she said.
「我在高中教音樂,」她說。
"That sounds fun. Do you play any instruments?" he asked.
「聽起來很有趣。你會彈什麼樂器嗎?」他問。
"Yes, the piano and a little guitar," Emma said.
「會啊,鋼琴,還有一點吉他,」艾瑪說。
"The food here is great, isn't it?" Leo said.
「這裡的食物很棒,對吧?」里歐說。
"It really is. Have you tried the dumplings?" she asked.
「真的很棒。你吃過那個水餃了嗎?」她問。
"Not yet. I'll get some now," he said.
「還沒。我現在就去拿一些,」他說。
"It was nice talking to you," Emma said.
「跟你聊天很開心,」艾瑪說。
"You too. Let's keep in touch," Leo replied.
「我也是。我們保持聯絡吧,」里歐回答。
單字表
| 單字 | 詞性 | 音標 | 中文意思 | 發音 |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| party | n. | /ˈpɑrti/ | 派對 | |
| host | n. | /hoʊst/ | 主人、主辦人 | |
| alone | adv. | /əˈloʊn/ | 獨自地 | |
| walk over | phr. | /wɔk ˈoʊvər/ | 走過去 | |
| used to | phr. | /just tu/ | 以前曾經 | |
| photographer | n. | /fəˈtɑgrəfər/ | 攝影師 | |
| high school | n. | /haɪ skul/ | 高中 | |
| instrument | n. | /ˈɪnstrəmənt/ | 樂器 | |
| piano | n. | /piˈænoʊ/ | 鋼琴 | |
| guitar | n. | /gɪˈtɑr/ | 吉他 | |
| dumpling | n. | /ˈdʌmplɪŋ/ | 水餃、餃子 | |
| keep in touch | phr. | /kip ɪn tʌtʃ/ | 保持聯絡 |
實用提示
- 破冰句:「How do you know the host?」(你怎麼認識主人的?)在派對上超好用。
- 問工作用「What do you do?」(你做什麼工作?),別用 What are you doing?(那是問「你正在做什麼」)。
- 用食物、天氣、當下環境當話題最安全:「The food here is great, isn't it?」(附加問句拉近距離)。
- 禮貌收尾:「It was nice talking to you.」+「Let's keep in touch.」(保持聯絡)。