How to Give a Good Presentation
上台很緊張?記住三件事:了解聽眾、訊息簡單、開口練習——自信來自準備,不是完美。
Many people feel nervous before giving a presentation.
許多人在上台報告前都會感到緊張。
The good news is that a few simple tips can help a lot.
好消息是,幾個簡單的訣竅就能幫上大忙。
First, know your audience.
第一,了解你的聽眾。
Ask yourself what they already know and what they need.
問問自己:他們已經知道什麼、又需要什麼。
Second, keep your message simple.
第二,讓你的訊息保持簡單。
Choose one main idea, and build everything around it.
選定一個核心概念,讓其他內容都圍繞著它。
Don't fill your slides with too much text.
別把投影片塞滿太多文字。
Use short lines, big words, and clear pictures.
用簡短的句子、大的字,和清楚的圖片。
Third, practice out loud, not just in your head.
第三,開口大聲練習,而不只是在腦中想。
Practice helps you find the right words and the right speed.
練習能幫你找到合適的用詞和說話的節奏。
When you speak, look at people, not at your slides.
說話時,看著人,而不是盯著投影片。
It is okay to pause and take a breath.
停頓一下、深呼吸,都是沒關係的。
Finally, end with a clear message you want people to remember.
最後,用一句你希望大家記住的話作結。
Confidence comes from preparation, not from being perfect.
自信來自準備,而不是來自完美。
單字表
| 單字 | 詞性 | 音標 | 中文意思 | 發音 |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| nervous | adj. | /ˈnɜrvəs/ | 緊張的 | |
| presentation | n. | /ˌprɛzənˈteʃən/ | 報告、簡報 | |
| audience | n. | /ˈɔdiəns/ | 聽眾 | |
| message | n. | /ˈmɛsɪdʒ/ | 訊息、重點 | |
| main idea | n. | /men aɪˈdiə/ | 核心概念 | |
| slide | n. | /slaɪd/ | 投影片 | |
| practice | v. | /ˈpræktɪs/ | 練習 | |
| out loud | phr. | /aʊt laʊd/ | 出聲地、大聲地 | |
| speed | n. | /spid/ | 速度、節奏 | |
| pause | v. | /pɔz/ | 停頓 | |
| breath | n. | /brɛθ/ | 呼吸 | |
| confidence | n. | /ˈkɑnfɪdəns/ | 自信 | |
| preparation | n. | /ˌprɛpəˈreʃən/ | 準備 |
實用提示
- 「know your audience」(了解你的聽眾)是所有溝通與簡報的第一原則。
- 「practice out loud」=開口大聲練習;out loud 是「發出聲音地」。
- 「take a breath」=深呼吸一下,緊張時的實用提醒。
- 金句:Confidence comes from preparation, not from being perfect.(自信來自準備,不是完美。)