Your First Day at a New Job
新工作第一天緊張很正常——早點到、微笑、勇敢問問題,做自己就好。
The first day at a new job can feel scary.
新工作的第一天可能會讓人害怕。
But a few simple things can help a lot.
但幾個簡單的做法能幫上大忙。
First, arrive a little early.
第一,早一點到。
Being on time shows that you care.
準時代表你很在乎這份工作。
Smile and say hello to your new coworkers.
微笑,並跟新同事打招呼。
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
不要害怕發問。
It is normal not to know everything on the first day.
第一天不可能什麼都懂,這很正常。
Write down important things so you don't forget them.
把重要的事情記下來,才不會忘記。
Listen carefully and watch how others work.
仔細聆聽,觀察別人怎麼做事。
Take a short break to relax when you feel tired.
覺得累的時候,稍微休息一下放鬆。
At the end of the day, thank the people who helped you.
一天結束時,謝謝那些幫過你的人。
Remember, everyone was new once.
記得,每個人都曾經是新人。
Learning a new job takes time and patience.
熟悉一份新工作需要時間和耐心。
Just be yourself, and give it your best.
做自己,然後全力以赴就好。
單字表
| 單字 | 詞性 | 音標 | 中文意思 | 發音 |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| scary | adj. | /ˈskɛri/ | 令人害怕的 | |
| arrive | v. | /əˈraɪv/ | 抵達 | |
| early | adv. | /ˈɝli/ | 早、提早 | |
| on time | phr. | /ɑn taɪm/ | 準時 | |
| coworker | n. | /ˈkoʊˌwɝkər/ | 同事 | |
| afraid | adj. | /əˈfred/ | 害怕的 | |
| question | n. | /ˈkwɛstʃən/ | 問題 | |
| normal | adj. | /ˈnɔrməl/ | 正常的 | |
| write down | phr. | /raɪt daʊn/ | 寫下、記下 | |
| break | n. | /brek/ | 休息 | |
| relax | v. | /rɪˈlæks/ | 放鬆 | |
| patience | n. | /ˈpeʃəns/ | 耐心 | |
| be yourself | phr. | /bi jʊrˈsɛlf/ | 做自己 | |
| give it your best | phr. | /gɪv ɪt jʊr bɛst/ | 全力以赴 |
實用提示
- 「on time」(準時)vs「early」(提早):Being on time shows that you care.
- 「Don't be afraid to + 原形」=別害怕做某事,是很鼓勵人的句型。
- 「be yourself」(做自己)、「give it your best」(全力以赴)都是很暖心的常用片語。
- 重點心態:It is normal not to know everything on the first day.(第一天不懂很正常。)